Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Whom shall I send?



Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying,
"Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?"
And I said, "Here am I. Send me!"
Isaiah 6:8

Hello friends!

Welcome to our blog! I am so excited to be leading this trip to the Dominican Republic in February, 2011! Our team will host a medical, dental and eye clinic in Puerto Plata. We will be working with Dominican doctors and/or students. Our team will take the initial medical information from the patients, check blood pressure, and run a pharmacy. We will also assist in the dental and eye clinics. Last year we saw over 4000 people and are hoping to serve as many this year.

There is much to do in preparing for our trip. Medicines need to be ordered, flights arranged, donation letters sent and much more.

As we are becoming busy with the task at hand, I am reminded of what we truly need to prepare first...our hearts. We are going to serve our God -- to be the hands and feet of Jesus -- to be the salt and light as we share our faith.

I ask that you pray for us! Pray that we will go with pure hearts. Let us be willing to step out of our comfort zone and into a place that can stretch us and impact others while sharing God's love.

By saying "Here I am. Send me" we are the ones that will truly be blessed.

Thank you for your support and prayers.

Blessings-
Angie



No comments:

Post a Comment